Using Stampin’ Up’s FREE AS A BIRD Stamp Set along with the coordinating Dies—STITCHED NESTED LABEL DIES—I created a pretty card highlighting Watercoloring with Ink and brushes
Remember...Even though I am offering instructions on this specific card, you can use any stamp design or colors you like. Our goal today is to learn basic Watercoloring.
Gather Your Supplies:
* 1 piece of Thick Whisper White card stock measuring 8-1/2 in x 5-1/2 in —score and gold at 4-1/4 in—This is your base
* watercolor paper measuring approximately 5 in x 3-1/2 in
* scraps of Watercolor paper to stamp extra Flowers
* 1 strip of Daffodil Delight card stock measuring 4 in x 1 in
* 1 strip of your DSP measuring 3-1/4 in x 1/2 in
Banner cut 1 end of both strips.
* 1- 6 in piece of the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon.
* Using STAZON ink—stamp the Bird image on the larger piece of Watercolor paper—Stamp the 2 small flowers on a scrap of Watercolor paper using STAZON.
* using Memento Ink, stamp the front sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White Card stock and punch out with the Classic Punch.
* stamp the sentiment for the inside of the card using the same Memento Ink.
*Using Old Olive Ink, stamp the leaves to the upper right hand corner on the inside of the card.
Now we will Watercolor...Let’s start with the small flowers we will be fussy cutting and applying to the card when completed.
* take your Flirty Flamingo & Calypso Coral ink
Pads—Gently stamp on a corner of an acrylic block each color—on opposite sides—you use your block as a palette.
Now Take your Aqua Painter—squeeze the barrel to release the water & starting with the LIGHTEST Color (Flirty Flamingo) brush the color to your flower covering the whole image. Add more water to lighten & more ink to enhance the color. After cleaning your brush on a paper towel —add the Calypso Coral to the centers & edge—continue til you achieve the shade you wish. If the picture ends up with too much water you can gently dab the image with a paper towel.
Now for our Birds... take 1 of the larger Acrylic blocks—and stamp Pacific Point Ink on one corner—Balmy Blue on the other side. Use a 2nd block to stamp Daffodil Delight.
* using the Yellow with your brush—paint the color to the birds bellies. Clean off the color with water & a paper towel
Add the Balmy Blue to the rest of the birds body. Clean off your brush and with some water BLEND the 2 colors. Then you can add the Pacific Point ink to the back, head and edges—Again clean your Brush FH and blend the blues & yellow add color where you need to until you achieve the desired look.
You do the branch and leaves the same way—using Crumb Cake first—then Soft Suede—Blend the 2 together—the leaves—Old Olive & Garden Green
* with all the small flowers you are coloring with Flirty Flamingo & Calypso Coral.
* Remember.....,Light Color—then the dark color and BLEND.
* Let all the images Dry
Assemble your Card!
* attach the ribbon to the bottom 1/3rd of the Embossed Pacific Point Piece
* using adhesive of choice—adhere the Pacific Point layer to the card base.
* Fussy cut the 2 small flowers you colored.
* when the Bird image has dried—die cut the image with the largest Stitched Nested Label die on the Big Shot.
* using adhesive of choice, adhere the strip of DSP on top center of the strip of Daffodil Delight card stock.
* Adhere the strip on top of the Tulle ribbon.
* add dinensionals to the back of the die cut bird piece & center over the front of the card.
* take Wink of Stella & paint on the back of the birds.
* Add your cut out flowers to the picture using Mini Dimensionals.
* add your punched sentiment to the lower left of the bird image using Mini Dimensionals
* Then finally add your Trinke of choice to the punches sentiment—use a Mini Glue Dot.
Voila! You Did It! Pat yourself on the back!! Continue to practice your Watercoloring technique! So much fun!!